Pages

Monday, September 22, 2014

NOTD 9/22: Fishtail Braid

Okay, I'm cheating. I didn't actually do these nails today. The nails I did for today are actually like.... really freaking hard to photograph. The polish is gorgeous, though, I swear it!



Instead, I'm giving y'all a little look at something I did for a contest on /r/randomactsofmakeup a few weeks ago. The goal was to recreate the braid mani, but I've always really disliked how damn rustic and Dorothy that mani looks, so I decided to modernize it by using bleached neons, a little holo, and a fishtail braid pattern. I think it looks way more funky and fresh than the alternative, though I really need to work on my pattern.

You can see toward the top of my index finger where the braiding is really tight and looks legit, then down toward the bottom where it kind of.... fucks off. Hm. I could probably also make this a feather mani if I didn't use such bright colors. Ideas! Yay!

The holo is "Cosmic Dust" from China Glaze, yellow is "Citrus Collide" from Maybelline Color Show, purple is "Rodeo Sweetheart" from Urban Outfitters, black is "Black Expressionism" from Finger Paints, AKA the Holy Grail of Black Polishes, green is "Office" from American Apparel, and the white that I used as a base on my braid is "White on White" from China Glaze. The matte topcoat on "Black Expressionism" is Sally Hansen's "Big Matte Topcoat."

No comments:

Post a Comment