Pages

Sunday, September 21, 2014

NOTD 9/20: Simple Oil Slick

Woo! Nails! Let's get to it. My NOTD for Saturday:

I've been super lame lately and have just been doing color combos. You'll notice a theme with my nails: Specifically, I really prefer using my middle and index fingers as my accents. It's a take on the trigger accent. For some reason I don't like the color blocking aspect of the trigger accent (two of one, three of another), so I've moved it down a bit. Eh. I like it.


 Anyway, this polish is phenomenal, and I really don't use it enough. The duochrome is "Space Cadet" from ORLY. The black I've used is my favorite black: "Black Expressionism" from Finger Paints. I tried to get another bottle yesterday, but Sally's was out. Oh well. I threw a matte topcoat on that puppy and here we are.


Now, I've titled this "Oil Slick." I'm sure you can see why. Check out that gnarly, gorgeous shift on "Space Cadet." It reminds me of something decadently filthy and maybe a little bit rock and roll. It looks like oil on asphalt. I think next time I try this I'll go full oil spill, though, and trail it across my nails.

No comments:

Post a Comment