Pages

Sunday, September 21, 2014

NOTD 9/21: Opaline Suede



I just got this GORGEOUS polish today. "Smoked Out" is a new matte polish from ORLY that has a very dark blue base. Navy, really. I believe it's a duochrome with a darker teal to bright yellow-green shift. I made the mistake of putting a matte topcoat on it, though, and that greatly diminished the color. It now looks like a very dark night with a smattering of stars when it normally looks like the ocean reflecting the stars on a brighter night.


You can see a bit more of the color here, but not so much the shift. The other polish is Maybelline Color Show "Neutral Statement." I love this color, but I don't love its consistency or opacity. It's rather difficult to work with. I've added a matte topcoat to it, which I really like. It makes the polish look like suede. The outcome was worth the work put in (three coats; FML).

I realized I've been doing really boring manis lately... so I added some class.


I Mustache You A Question

No comments:

Post a Comment